BaffleWall with Fusion8 LCR

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Ippo, Jan 26, 2015.

1. [SIZE=small]Hi all! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=small][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=small]I'm about to start on my LCR Fusion8 build and wonder if I need to make any modifications to the crossover since I plan to put them in a bafflewall.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=small]I'm quite unexperienced in this field and guess it will otherwise result in some kind of bassbost.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=small]Is it needed to modify the crossover or will I be fine just putting them in the wall...[/SIZE] :eek:
    [SIZE=small][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=small]My plan after done some reading and looking att other builds is to build a false wall made of mdf and two layers of plasterboard, I will put insulation in the wall but I HAVE to make it possible for the air to circulate (, probably with some kind of duct and fan,) to prevent moisture and possible mold and nasty stuff.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=small]Since the room is now completely closed, besides the inlet of outdoor air, think it might be a good combo to draw the air out of the room at the same time as I ventilate the bafflewall... Any thought on that? [/SIZE]

Hope to get some input from you guys!
    /Viktor

2. Hi Ippo,

Jeff would be better to answer that question, but I don't think he comes around here often. I haven't heard the Fusion 8, but I've heard his Fusion 12 and it's a very full / laid back sound. In a baffle wall it would be to much. It would need eq or a XO change. I'm going to guess the Fusion 8 would be the same way. Changing the XO would probably be a lot to ask of Jeff, unless he's played around with a baffle wall already, I dunno. Do you have eq available in your AVR?

3. Thank you tuxedovic for replying! :)
    I currently own a Marantz SR6004 which lets me use its Audyssey MultEQ, if that qualifies as a good enough EQ then yes! ;)
    An upgrade of my AVR is planned since I'm curios of Auro3D or ATMOS, so it will probably only get an more advanced/better EQ in the near future.
    How good can one compensate with the EQ in a AVR? Will it be as good as without the baffle wall?

I reckon Jeff hangs around AVS if not here so I will try there also.

I'm building a AT screen with spandex and suppose a baffle wall is something the sound benefits from... Am I right? ::)

4. I have a spandex screen. You can find my AT testing on AVSforum for spandex and Seymor XD materials. I also use a baffle wall with Fusion 10s. I love it.

A dedicated XO is better IMO, but auddesey should do ok.

5. Yeah! It's because of you and that thread over at AVS I went to spandexworld wenshop and ordered spandex from US to Sweden! ;D
    My GF thought it was hysterically funny when I told her! :eek:

So have you used an EQ with your Fusion 10's or rebuilt the XO?
    Are you happy with how they perform with the baffle wall?
    Do you have a build thread regarding your wall? Curious about it! :)

6. Yes it sounds amazing. I did use a different XO though. I have a thread on this forum somewhere.

Funny about your GF. My wife also thought it was funny I wanted to go to a fabric store and by spandex :eek: haha.